Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bio

I am currently a senior in the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University. I am an Indian citizen currently living in Kathmandu, Nepal. I have lived in Singapore, California, Nepal and Sri Lanka. Although studying Information Management & Technology I plan to pursue a career in Film.

I began my undergraduate program studying Computer Science (CS) with the intention of becoming a software designer. I realized I did not have an interest in CS and wanted to pursue a career with artistic, creative, and managerial elements. I wanted to become a film director.

It was too late to enter the film program as doing so would have resulted in additional two years of study. I decided to enter the School of Information Studies for two reasons. Firstly I would only graduate a semester late (December 2005). Secondly the classes were designed to improve managerial and communication skills which I realized were very important skills to become a director. The creative elements of which I would have to develop on my own time through making short videos and reading on a large number of topics including philosophy, writing, poetry, history, and film.

No comments: